Saturday, September 4, 2010

Baby Blankets

So I know that Kayla will not want to share her blankets so I have been collecting fabrics that I have found.  Today I finally had the energy to make them.  The top one is a flannel and fleece blanket.  It's a little difficult keeping straight lines with the fleece because it stretches but I like how it turned out.
 
Next one is a flannel blanket and I fell in love with the fabric at the store.  This one was a lot easier to keep straight and I love the color combo.


 I can't take credit for the last beautiful blanket.  My mother in law made it and it is just amazing.  The quilting is all done by hand!!  It is so cute!


 

Kayla wanted a picture with her baby brothers blankets because she "helped".  She did help and she is super excited to be involved in getting things ready for her baby.  That's right it's not my baby it's hers and I get in trouble if I call it my baby.  She has started talking to him through my belly and I think it's so cute!

3 comments:

The Mossors said...

The blankets turned out soo cute!! The combo of the fabrics you got when I was with you, turned out really good!! Great job! So excited for you and your lil family. Kayla is going to be such a great big sister :)

Heather said...

All the blankets turned out adorable... but I LOVE the green and blue one you made out of flannel. So baby, so boy, so adorable. I'd love one like that for myself!! You looks like you are coming along!! Amazing how other people's pregnancies go by so fast!! When I'm pregnant, I feel like 9 months lasts 9 years. Excited to meet your little man!!!

Paul and Kelci said...

Those blankets are adorable. I so wish I could sew or even just do simple things like that. Your daughter is so grown up and will make such a great older sister!
P.S. I loved both of those names. I hope it will come easier to you. I had to choose Kyson though cuz I'm so in love with different names and spellings. Carter is too cute too. Good luck and Congrats!