Thursday, December 23, 2010

New recipe

So I have to share this one because it was so yummy!  Graydon was asking me how to make pulled chicken and so I googled to look for a recipe.  I found this one and it looked simple enough to try and it was super easy.  I doubled the recipe to feed 5 adults and Kayla and it worked out great.  We put them in tacos and even got out the black beans to make it even better.  I think this one is going to be one of the recipes we use a lot from now on.  I didn't take pictures of our tacos but this is the picture that came with the recipe but I think ours looked much taster.

Mexican Pulled Chicken Recipe
Yield: 2-4 servings

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion roughly chopped
1 heaping teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
salt and pepper
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup salsa (homemade is better but jarred is fine for a quick dinner!)
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 lime juiced
In a heavy pot with a lid heat olive oil to medium and add onion, cumin, chili powder and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Cook onion, stirring regularly until it starts to soften. Add chicken, salsa and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken from pot and set aside. While chicken cools bring the sauce to a simmer, uncovered and reduce by half. When the chicken is cool enough shred it with two forks. Stir chicken back into sauce and reduce heat to low. Add lime juice. Taste and adjust for seasoning.

This is the blog I got the recipe from I'm hoping that it will have many more good recipes for me.
http://www.handletheheat.com/

1 comments:

Jonathan and Kiri said...

I cannot wait to try these! They look del.i.cious!