Saturday, November 13, 2010

One week

Yep Carter is one week old and he is such a blessing!  He hasn't had any problems eating and when I weighed him today he's back to his birth weight!  This is great news since failure to thrive is the biggest problem with babies with a cleft pallet.  Kayla is still in love with her brother and is always asking for her baby to sit by her or to hold him.  This is how I often find her when he is sitting next to her.





Kayla is doing great with her brother but is having a little bit of a hard time not having the social interactions she is use to.  I have been trying to keep her busy with crafts but with adjusting to having a new baby it's been a little rough at times.  The week Carter was born it was beautiful with high 60's and clear skies, this week rain and snow mixed and freezing.  So it's not like I can really take her outside with Carter being so little so we have played a lot of hide and seek.

The nice thing is even though it's strange to me that I have two children now it seems so right.  Carter is our boy and he's suppose to be with us and Kayla is a great big sister.  It's all very surreal.  I made these onesies for Carter with ties on them.  I think he looks so cute in them.

1 comments:

Jonathan and Kiri said...

That's so sweet. I really loved what you said about how it's crazy to now have two children but it just feels so right. Kayla is such a sweet older sister - Carter is lucky to have so much love at home!!