Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Animal Kingdom Adventure

So I was pretty excited about taking Kayla to Animal Kingdom.  We were lucky and did the give a day get a Disney day promotion.  So we got free tickets to go!  So of course that made it even more fun for me.  Well we got up nice and early so we could be there for when the park opened since it was a 2 hour drive from where we were staying.

About an hour into the trip we had a lovely surprise, Kayla threw up.  It was horrible!  She was miserable and I couldn't help clean it up because it kept making me gag.  Well we got it all cleaned  up and Kayla didn't have a temp so we decided to give it another try, I mean free tickets to Disney World why not try.  It ended up just being motion sickness because she did fine the rest of the way. 

She was super excited when we got there and had to ride the tram to the front gate.  What a fun ride.  She just kept telling everyone that we were at Animal Kingdom, more like yelling it.

We went straight for the safari ride and lucky for all of us the line wasn't very long and they have entertainment in the line so Kayla did well.  She loved the ride and it was really entertaining for all of us.  Check out how close all the animals get and how cool this ride is.  You really feel like you are on a safari. 

Well Kayla did super good the whole day.  No major break downs and she really enjoyed the park.  We loved it and had so much fun.
 
We did the show "It's tough to be a Bug".  She thought the glasses where pretty cool.  She liked most of the show not the part when Hopper showed up but in all she liked it.
 
Her favorite ride was a ride that is just like the Dumbo ride but it's dinosaurs.  We rode it multiple times and she loved that she could control making it go up and down. 


 
It was a long day and my poor ankles became swollen from being in the hot sun and on my feet all day.  So today is going to be a lazy day to rest and I had a chance to blog about our fun filled day.

Oh on a rather funny note, we went to Olive Garden that night on the way home and my brother Bryan tried to show Kayla a magic trick about making his fork disappear. I will upload the video of her version of her magic trick it is so cute!   She was very proud of her self if you can't tell.

1 comments:

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Cute! I just love when parents take their kids to cool places like the Animal Kingdom and DisneyLand/DisneyWorld! They kids always love it so much. I am ALREADY looking forward to when I can take my little ones to these fun places.

Sorry about your swollen ankles. Hopefully that's the only pain the pregnancy's been causing you :)