So Kayla has really gotten into doing lots of things by herself. She doesn't want help when she goes potty and usually I end up waiting outside the door hoping she doesn't get distracted by something shiny. She also has to be part of picking out her own clothing which for now is okay because she is happy with picking form the choices provided her. But today she decided she wanted to do her hair by herself. She got a head band and proceeded to put it on her head. This is the end result and she was so proud of herself. And yes we did go out in public like this.
The other night me and Graydon where getting ready to go to the temple and Kayla asked if she could come with us. I told her not yet when she was twelve. She then asked if she could wear a tie like daddy. He then let her pick out a tie and look how cute she is in her tie like daddy.
Last I have to tell you about Kayla's prayers. Like I said before she if very much a "I DO IT MY SELF" girl. That goes with prayers too. So the other night she started her prayer and well the next is going to be a direct quote from her prayer because I can't put it any better than she did.
"Thank you for the prophet and my princesses. Thank you for my jingle bells and my tinker bell. Thank you for my dresses and my friends." And then she closed and was done. Usually me or Graydon will prompt her here or there but we were stifling laughter the whole time that we couldn't do anything but smile. It was so dang cute!!!
So other than that we are both working hard and plugging along and Kayla is learning and growing.




1 comments:
There is nothing more precious than the sweet prayers of a little girl! Gosh, she is just heart-breakingly adorable. I love how you are setting such good examples of prayer and temple attendance for your little girl. Seriously, you two are incredible parents!
Post a Comment